*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Guatemala - Antigua (PDF Chapter)
This is the Antigua chapter from Lonely Planet’s Guatemala guidebook.
A place of rare beauty, major historical significance and vibrant culture, Antigua remains Guatemala’s must-visit destination. The city boasts an impressive catalog of colonial relics in a magnificent setting. Its churches, plazas and markets are throbbing with activity.
- resurrect your high-school Spanish at highly regarded language schools
- witness scattered slabs of masonry, such as at the Catedral, that display mute evidence of Antigua’s quake-ridden history
- admire and acquire traditional Maya wear at Casa del Tejido Antiguo, with its seminal collection of huipiles (embroidered tunics) and cortes (wraparound skirts)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Jocetango, Ciudad Vieja & around, San Cristóbal El Alto, San Juan Comalapa, Santiago Sacatepéquez & Sumpango.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Central America on a Shoestring - Understand Central America and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)