Greek Islands - Saronic Gulf Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Saronic Gulf Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
The Saronic Gulf Islands dot the waters nearest Athens and offer a fast track to Greek island life. Each of the Saronics has a unique feel and culture, so you can hop between classical heritage, resort beaches, exquisite architecture and remote escapism.
- take in the gorgeous port of Hydra, with its excellent museums and stylish scene, and the island’s deserted trails and ubiquitous swimming rocks
- delve into ancient history at the beautiful Temple of Aphaia and the Byzantine village of Paleohora on Aegina, then sip seaside cocktails
- taste-test your way through Spetses’s top restaurants, tracing the region’s history in Spetses Town’s museums, or cycle the island’s ring road to dip into sparkling bays
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Aegina, Aegina Town & Around, Angistri, Poros, Poros Town & Around, Hydra, Hydra Town & Around, Spetses.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.