Greek Islands - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to the Greek Islands, Greek Islands’ Top 15, What’s New, Need to Know, First Time Greek Islands, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Island Hop-ping, Cruising, Escaping the Crowds, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Outdoor Activities, Family Travel, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
Your journey to Greek Islands starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on family travel.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about the best local food and drink
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to the Greek Islands, Greek Islands’ Top 15, What’s New, Need to Know, First Time Greek Islands, If You Like: Ancient History, Beaches, Arts & Crafts, The Great Outdoors, Museums, Religious Buildings, Month by Month, Itineraries, Island Hopping, Cruising, Escaping the Crowds, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Outdoor Activities, Family Travel, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation