Greek Islands - Northeastern Aegean Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeastern Aegean Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
Clinging to the Turkish coast and influenced by Asia Minor in many ways, this is a bunch of radically idiosyncratic islands with landscapes and local cultures so distinct, even the smallest ones feel like proto-nations.
- refuel with post-midnight coffee and spoon sweets in Hristos Rahes on Ikaria
- trek through unearthly terrain towards the mountaintop cave chapel of Panagia Kakaviotissa
- find a secret taverna above wooded waterfalls after lazing on Potami Beach, a picture-perfect marble gravel beach on Samos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ikaria, Agios Kirykos, Evdilos, Kambos, Hristos Rahes, Armenistis, Karavostamo, Fourni Islands, Samos, Vathy, Pythagorio & Around, Northern Samos, Chios, Chios Town, Lesvos, Mytilini Town, Limnos, Myrina, Samothraki, Kamariotissa & Around, Hora (Samothraki), Loutra, Thasos, Thasos (Limenas).
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.