Greek Islands - Northeastern Aegean Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeastern Aegean Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
The northeastern Aegean Islands are notable for their proximity to the Turkish mainland. In-fluences from Asia Minor abound in old-fashioned island cuisines, traditional village culture, dramatic celebrations and even the language.
- get post-midnight coffee and spoon sweets in the nocturnal capital of Ikaria, Hristos Rahes
- enjoy sunset and the Aegean’s best lobster spaghetti dish at Psarotaverna O Miltos in the Fourni Islands
- find a secret taverna above the wooded waterfalls after lazing on marble gravel Potami Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ikaria, the Fourni Islands, Agios Kirykos & Around, Evdilos & Around, Samos & Around, Vathy (Samos), Pythagorio & Around, Kokkari & Mountain Villages, Chios & Around, Chios Town, Inousses, Psara, Lesvos (Mytilini) & Around, Mytilini Town, Limnos & Around, Myrina, Agios Efstratios, Samothraki & Around, Kamariotissa, Hora (Samothraki), Loutra (Therma), Thasos and Thasos (Limenas).
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.