Greek Islands - Ionian Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ionian Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
With their cooler climate, abundant olive and cypress trees, and forested mountains, the Ionians are a lighter, greener variation on the Greek template, each with its own distinct landscape and history.
- explore world-class museums, fortresses and restaurants, as well as Venetian, French and British architecture, in Corfu Town
- hop from one gorgeous harbour to another on tiny pastoral Paxi
- savour the flavours in the waterfront restaurants of Kefallonia’s best-preserved historic village, Fiskardo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Corfu, Corfu Town, Paxi, Gaïos, Loggos, Lakka, Lefkada, Lefkada Town, Vasiliki, Kefallonia, Argostoli & Around, Paliki Peninsula, Sami & Around, Fiskardo, Ithaki & Around, Vathy, Zakynthos, Zakynthos Town & Around, Kythira & Around, Hora (Kythira), Kapsali, Potamos, Agia Pelagia.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.