*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Greek Islands - Evia & the Sporades (PDF Chapter)
This is the Evia & the Sporades chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
Evia and the four Sporades islands remain largely off the beaten path. Away from the commercial hub, the pace slows as the landscape stretches out, dotted by hilltop monasteries, small farms, vineyards, hidden bays and curious goats.
- swim year-round in the thermal-fed bay at Loutra Edipsou on Evia
- hike the lush 10km Dimosari Gorge in south Evia, then cool off in the sea near trail’s end
- watch for dolphins and cliff-dwelling falcons while sailing around Greece’s only national marine park at Alonnisos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Evia & Around, Central Evia, The Sporades, Skiathos, Skopelos, Alonnisos and Skyros.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.