Greek Islands - Evia & the Sporades (PDF Chapter)
This is the Evia & the Sporades chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
Evia is hidden in plain view, separated from the mainland by the narrow Evripos Channel at Halkida. Away from this workaday hub, the pace slows as the island morphs into hilltop monasteries, hidden bays, rugged gorges, sky-reaching peaks and curious goats.
- laze on the white-sand beaches of Skiathos
- sail between untouched islands and spot dolphins in the National Marine Park of Alonnisos
- drink, dine and shop waterside in Skopelos Town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Evia, Halkida, Eretria, Steni, Skiathos, Skiathos Town & Around, Skopelos, Skopelos Town & Around, Glossa & Loutraki, Alonnisos, Patitiri, Old Alonnisos & Around, Skyros, Skyros Town & Around, Magazia & Molos, Linaria.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation