Greek Islands - Dodecanese (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Dodecanese chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
Ever pined for the old Greece, where timeless islands beckon modern-day adventurers just as they did Odysseus and Alexander? Enter the far-flung Dodecanese archipelago, curving through the southeastern Aegean parallel to the ever-visible shoreline of Turkey.
- wander beneath Byzantine arches and along the ancient cobbled alleyways of Rhodes’ Old Town
- follow the winding road up to the timeless mountain-top village of Olymbos
- test your mettle diving for wrecks or climbing limestone cliffs on Kalymnos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rhodes & Around, Rhodes Towns, Lindos, Halki & Around, Emborios, Karpathos & Around, Pigadia, Kasos & Around, Fry, Kastellorizo (Megisti), Kastellorizo Village, Symi & Around, Gialos, Tilos & Around, Livadia, Megalo Horio, Nisyros & Around, Mandraki, Kos & Around, Kos Town, Astypalea, Skala & Around, Hora, Livadi, Kalymnos, Pothia & Around, Myrties, Masouri, Armeos, Telendos Islet, Emborios, Vathys, Rina, ????, Leros & Around, Agia Marina, Platanos, Pandeli, Vromolithos, Lakki, Xirokambos, Krithoni, Alinda, Pat-mos, Lipsi & Around, Lipsi Village, Arki, Marathi, Agathonisi, Agios Georgios and Megalo Ho-rio.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.