Greek Islands - Athens & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Athens & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
With equal measures of grunge and grace, Athens is a heady mix of ancient history and contemporary cool. The magnificent Acropolis, visible from almost every part of the city, reminds Greeks daily of their heritage and the city’s many transformations.
- visit the awe-inspiring Acropolis
- enjoy the majesty of the Parthenon sculptures at the Acropolis Museum
- stroll in the Ancient Agora
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Athens & Around, Athens Ports, Piraeus, Rafina, Lavrio, Apollo Coast, Cape Sounion, Mt Parnitha, Marathon & Around, Vravrona, Peania, Elefsina
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.