Greek Islands travel guide
The Greek islands ignite the imagination and satisfy the soul with a history laced in mythical tales and told through ancient, sun-bleached ruins. Lonely Planet is your passport to Greek Islands, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Get lost in the lanes of Rhodes’ Old Town, enter the otherworldly caldera of Nisyros Volcano, and sample your way through the freshest Cretan cuisine; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Greek Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, ancient Greek culture, people, arts, architecture, nature, wildlife, food, drink
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 20 maps
Coverage includes: Athens & Around, Saronic Gulf Islands, Cyclades, Crete, Dodecanese, Northeastern Aegean Islands, Evia & the Sporades , Ionian Islands and more