Greece - Understand Greece and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Greece Today, History, Ancient Greek Culture, The Greek Way of Life, The Arts, Architecture, Nature & Wildlife, Directory A–Z and Transport chapters from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, classical architecture and the Greek social and family life, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the philosophy and mythology of ancient Greek culture
- info on modern Greek art, literature, music and dance
- full coverage of nature and national parks
- details on wildlife in the air, on land and under the sea
Coverage includes: Greece Today, History, Ancient Greek Culture, The Greek Way of Life, The Arts, Architecture, Nature & Wildlife, Directory A–Z and Transport .
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
South America on a Shoestring - Understand South America and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)