Greece - Peloponnese (PDF Chapter)
This is the Peloponnese chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
The Peloponnese is the stuff of legends. Literally. Here Hercules fought the Nemean lion and gods walked the earth, meddling in mortal affairs; from here Paris of Troy eloped with Helen and the Argonauts sailed in search of the Golden Fleece.
- soak up the past and present of the ancient walled city of Monemvasia
- marvel at Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games
- hike in the Mani, one of Greece’s most remote and rugged regions, and spend a night in a traditional Maniot tower house
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Corinthia, Argolis, Mycenae & Around, Argos, Nafplio, Arkadia, Stemnitsa, Dimitsana, Leonidio, Lakonia, Sparta, Mystras, Monemvasia, Gythio, The Ma-ni, Areopoli, Limeni, Gerolimenas, Kardamyli, Messinia, Kalamata, Ancient Messini, Koroni, Methoni, Pylos, Gialova & Around, Elis, Olympia, Andritsena, Achaïa, Patra, Kalavryta.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.