Greece - Peloponnese (PDF Chapter)
This is the Peloponnese chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
The Peloponnese is the stuff of legends. This region bears tangible traces of the many civili-sations that once called it home, witnessed in its classical temples, Mycenaean palaces, Byzan-tine cities, and Ottoman, Frankish and Venetian fortresses.
- soak up the past and present of an ancient walled city, Monemvasia
- marvel at the sanctuary of Ancient Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games
- hike the remote and rugged Mani and stay in traditional Maniot tower houses
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Corinthia, Argolis, Argos, Ancient Mycenae, Nafplio, Tiryns, Epidavros, Southwest Argolis, Arkadia, Stemnitsa, Dimitsana, Leonidio, Lakonia, Sparta, Mystras, Monemvasia, Neapoli, Gythio, The Mani, Lakonian Mani, Messinian Mani, Messinia, Kalamata, Ancient Messini, Koroni, Methoni, Pylos & Around, Olympia, Olympia Town, Andritse-na, Achaïa, Patra, Kalavryta & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.