*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Greece - Northern Greece (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Greece chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
In Northern Greece you’ll find serene lakes, beaches to rival the islands, ruins to fire the imagination and mountains ripe for hiking and winter sports. Within this rich tapestry is Greece’s second city, Thessaloniki, teeming with inventive nightlife and festivals.
- roam the old quarter by the Kastro in Ioannina before taking a ferry to the tranquil Island
- sling a hammock or hit mountain-biking trails on the popular Halkidiki Peninsula
- hike the Vikos Gorge
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Macedonia, Thessaloniki & Around, Halkidiki, Litohoro & Around, Plaka, Veria, Edessa, Florina, Kastoria, Kavala, Thrace, Xanthi & Around, Komotini, Alexandroupoli & Around, Evros Delta, Orestiada & Around, Epiros, Ioannina & Around, Zagorohoria, Konitsa, Preveza, Nikopoli, Arta, Parga and Nekromanteio of Afyra.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.