Greece - Northern Greece (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Greece chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Diversity should be Northern Greece’s second name – the region stretches across more cultures and terrains than any other in the country. Northern Greece boasts beautiful beaches too – especially in popular Halkidiki and around Parga, along the golden Ionian coast.
- regale your senses with the cuisine of Greece’s gastronomic capital, Thessaloniki
- swim in the clear waters of the Halkidiki Peninsula
- village hop between the little-populated settlements of Zagorohoria in a breathtaking mountain setting
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Halkidiki, Litohoro & Around, Veria, Edessa, Florina, Kastoria, Kavala, Thrace, Xanthi & Around, Komotini, Alexandroupoli & Around, Orestiada, Epiros, Ioannina, Metsovo, Zagorohoria, Preveza, Arta, Parga, Igoumenitsa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.