Greece - Northern Greece (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Greece chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Diversity should be northern Greece’s second name – the region stretches across more cul-tures and terrains than any other in the country. Greece’s second city, Thessaloniki, is a magnetic place that breathes history and character, and has the best food in the country.
- experience Thessaloniki’s city’s cuisine, history and nightlife
- swim in clear waters and mountain bike verdant interiors on the Halkidiki Peninsula
- feel your jaw drop in Vikos Gorge, one of Europe’s grandest canyons
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Halkidiki, Litohoro & Plaka Litohorou & Around, Veria, Edessa, Florina, Kastoria, Kavala, Thrace, Xanthi, Abdera, Komotini, Alexandroupoli & Around, Orestiada,Epiros, Ioannina & Around, To Nisi, Zagorohoria, Konitsa, Preveza, Nikopoli, Arta, Parga, Nekromanteio of Afyra.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.