Greece - Northeastern Aegean Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeastern Aegean Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Clinging to the Turkish coast and influenced by Asia Minor in many ways, this is a bunch of radically idiosyncratic islands with landscapes and local cultures so distinct, even the smallest ones feel like proto-nations.
- refuel with post-midnight coffee and spoon sweets in Hristos Rahes on Ikaria
- trek through unearthly terrain towards the mountaintop cave chapel of Panagia Kakaviotissa
- find a secret taverna above wooded waterfalls after lazing on Potami Beach, a picture-perfect marble gravel beach on Samos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ikaria, Agios Kirykos, Evdilos, Kambos, Hristos Rahes, Armenistis, Karavostamo, Fourni Islands, Samos, Vathy, Pythagorio & Around, Northern Samos, Chios, Chios Town, Lesvos, Mytilini Town, Limnos, Myrina, Samothraki, Kamariotissa & Around, Hora (Samothraki), Loutra, Thasos, Thasos (Limenas).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.