Greece - Northeastern Aegean Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northeastern Aegean Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
The northeastern Aegean Islands are notable for their proximity to the Turkish mainland. In-fluences from Asia Minor abound in old-fashioned island cuisines, traditional village culture, dramatic celebrations and even the language.
- get post-midnight coffee and spoon sweets in the nocturnal capital of Ikaria, Hristos Rahes
- enjoy sunset and the Aegean’s best lobster spaghetti dish at Psarotaverna O Miltos in the Fourni Islands
- find a secret taverna above the wooded waterfalls after lazing on marble gravel Potami Beach
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ikaria, the Fourni Islands, Agios Kirykos & Around, Evdilos & Around, Samos & Around, Vathy (Samos), Pythagorio & Around, Kokkari & Mountain Villages, Chios & Around, Chios Town, Inousses, Psara, Lesvos (Mytilini) & Around, Mytilini Town, Limnos & Around, Myrina, Agios Efstratios, Samothraki & Around, Kamariotissa, Hora (Samothraki), Loutra (Therma), Thasos and Thasos (Limenas).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.