Greece - Ionian Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ionian Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
With their cooler climate, abundant olive and cypress trees, and forested mountains, the Ionians are a lighter, greener variation on the Greek template, each with its own distinct landscape and history.
- explore world-class museums, fortresses and restaurants, as well as Venetian, French and British architecture, in Corfu Town
- hop from one gorgeous harbour to another on tiny pastoral Paxi
- savour the flavours in the waterfront restaurants of Kefallonia’s best-preserved historic village, Fiskardo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Corfu, Corfu Town, Paxi, Gaïos, Loggos, Lakka, Lefkada, Lefkada Town, Vasiliki, Kefallonia, Argostoli & Around, Paliki Peninsula, Sami & Around, Fiskardo, Ithaki & Around, Vathy, Zakynthos, Zakynthos Town & Around, Kythira & Around, Hora (Kythira), Kapsali, Potamos, Agia Pelagia.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation