Greece - Evia & the Sporades (PDF Chapter)
This is the Evia & the Sporades chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Evia is hidden in plain view, separated from the mainland by the narrow Evripos Channel at Halkida. Away from this workaday hub, the pace slows as the island morphs into hilltop monasteries, hidden bays, rugged gorges, sky-reaching peaks and curious goats.
- laze on the white-sand beaches of Skiathos
- sail between untouched islands and spot dolphins in the National Marine Park of Alonnisos
- drink, dine and shop waterside in Skopelos Town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Evia, Halkida, Eretria, Steni, Skiathos, Skiathos Town & Around, Skopelos, Skopelos Town & Around, Glossa & Loutraki, Alonnisos, Patitiri, Old Alonnisos & Around, Skyros, Skyros Town & Around, Magazia & Molos, Linaria.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.