Greece - Dodecanese (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dodecanese chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Ever pined for the old Greece, where timeless islands beckon modern-day adventurers just as they did Odysseus and Alexander? Enter the far-flung Dodecanese archipelago, curving through the southeastern Aegean parallel to the ever-visible shoreline of Turkey.
- enter Nisyros’ fabled volcano, home to an imprisoned Titan
- wander beneath Byzantine arches and along ancient cobbled alleyways in Rhodes Old Town
- hike or birdwatch on postcard-perfect island Tilos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rhodes, Rhodes Town, Northeastern Rhodes, Lindos, Southeastern Rhodes, Western Rhodes & the Interior, Halki & Around, Emborios, Karpathos, Pigadia, Southern Karpathos, Diafani, Kasos & Around, Fry, Kastellorizo, Kastellorizo Village, Symi & Around, Gialos, Tilos, Livadia, Megalo Horio, Northwest Tilos, Nisyros & Around, Mandraki, Kos, Kos Town & Around, Kamari & Kefalos Bay, Astypalea, Pera Gialos & Around, Hora, Livadi, Kalymnos, Pothia, Western Kalymnos, Telendos Islet, Leros, Platanos & Agia Marina, Pandeli, Vromolithos, Lakki, Xirokambos, Krithoni & Alinda, Patmos, Skala & Around, Hora, Lipsi, Lipsi Village & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.