Greece - Cyclades (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cyclades chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
On a quest to find the Greek islands of your dreams? Start, here, in the Cyclades. Rugged, sun-drenched outcrops of rock, anchored in azure seas and liberally peppered with snow-white villages and blue-domed churches, this is Greece straight from central casting.
- be mesmerised by dramatic volcanic cliffs on Santorini (Thira)
- immerse yourself in spellbinding Ancient Delos
- wander the leafy streets of atmospheric Hora on Folegandros
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Andros, Gavrio, Batsi, Hora (Andros) & Around, Tinos, Hora (Tinos) & Around Tinos, Syros & Around, Ermoupoli, Mykonos, Hora (Mykonos) & Around, Delos, Paros & Around, Parikia, Naoussa, Antiparos, Naxos, Hora (Naxos), The North, Southwest Beaches, Halki, Apiranthos, Small Cyclades, Iraklia, Schinousa, Koufonisia, Donousa, Amorgos, Katapola, Hora (Amorgos) & Around, Aegiali, Ios, Santorini (Thira) & Around, Fira, Oia, Anafi, Si-kinos, Folegandros, Karavostasis, Hora (Folegandros), Ano Meria, Milos & Around, Adamas, Plaka, Trypiti & Triovasalos, Pollonia, Kimolos, Sifnos & Around, Kamares, Apollonia, Kastro, Ser-ifos, Livadi, Hora (Serifos), Kythnos, Merihas, Hora (Kythnos), Loutra, Kea & Around, Korissia, Ioulida.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation