*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Greece - Crete (PDF Chapter)
This is the Crete chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greek Islands guidebook.
Nature in Crete is prolific with a dramatic quilt of big-shouldered mountains, stunning beaches, crystal-clear lagoons and undulating hillsides blanketed in olive groves, vineyards and wildflowers. Crete’s natural beauty is equalled only by the richness of its history.
- make a date with King Minos at the Palace of Knossos
- follow up a pilgrimage to Moni Preveli with a swim on palm-studded Preveli Beach
- explore Minoan ruins and sample the local tipple in Iraklio Wine Country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Crete & Around, Iraklio & Around, Zaros, Matala, Rethymno, Moni Arkadiou, Anogia, Mt Psiloritis, Spili, Plakias & Around, Agia Galini & Around, Hania, Kissamos (Kastelli) & Around, Frangokastello, Hora Sfakion, Loutro, Sougia, Paleohora & Around, Elafonisi, Agios Nikolaos & Around, Sitia & Around, Zakros, Kato Zakros, Ierapetra, Myrtos and Lasithi Plateau.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.