Greece - Crete (PDF Chapter)
This is the Crete chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Crete is the culmination of the Greek experience. There’s something undeniably artistic in the way its landscape unfolds, from the sun-drenched beaches in the north to the rugged canyons spilling out at the cliff-lined southern coast.
- rub shoulders with Europe’s oldest civilisation, the ancient Minoans, at the Palace of Knossos
- get lost in Rethymno’s charismatic jumble of Venetian buildings sprinkled with exotic fea-tures from the Ottoman period
- marvel at the treasures unearthed during the excavation of ancient sites on the island at Iraklio Archaeological Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Iraklio Province, Iraklio, Knossos, Iraklio Wine Country, Zaros, Matala, Hersonisos, Rethymno Province, Rethymno & Around, Hania Province, Hania, Kissamos & Around, Imbros Gorge, Southern Coast, Lasithi Province, Agios Nikolaos & Around, Mohlos, Sitia & Around, Zakros & Kato Zakros, Ierapetra, Myrtos, Lasithi Plateau.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.