Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Greece - Crete (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Crete chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Nature in Crete is prolific with a dramatic quilt of big-shouldered mountains, stunning beaches, crystal-clear lagoons and undulating hillsides blanketed in olive groves, vineyards and wildflowers. Crete’s natural beauty is equalled only by the richness of its history.
- rub shoulders with the ghosts of the Minoans at the Palace of Knossos
- absorb lofty views from the 17th-century monastery of Moni Preveli, above the magical Preveli Beach
- explore Minoan ruins and sample the local tipple in Iraklio Wine Country
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Crete & Around, Iraklio & Around, Zaros, Matala, Rethymno, Moni Arkadiou, Anogia, Mt Psiloritis, Spili, Plakias & Around, Agia Galini & Around, Hania, Kissamos (Kastelli) & Around, Frangokastello, Hora Sfakion, Loutro, Sougia, Paleohora & Around, Elafonisi, Agios Nikolaos & Around, Sitia & Around, Zakros, Kato Zakros, Ierapetra, Myr-tos and Lasithi Plateau.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.