Greece - Central Greece (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Greece chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Central Greece holds three utterly unmissable destinations. Magical Delphi is the most visit-ed, with its superb archaeological site and magnificent scenery. Meteora’s towering rocky out-crops are topped by teetering monasteries, and the beautiful Pelion Peninsula has beaches to rival the finest islands.
- gaze up, and up, to the Byzantine monasteries perched atop their stony thrones at Mete-ora
- meditate over the last light of day at the Sanctuary of Athena Pronea in Ancient Delphi
- wander down the kalderimia (mule paths) to the sea on the Pelion Peninsula
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Delphi & Sterea Ellada, Delphi, Arahova, Amfissa, Galaxidi, Nafpaktos, Messolongi, Lamia, Iti National Park, Thessaly, Larissa, Volos, Pelion Pen-insula, Trikala, Meteora, Kalambaka, Kastraki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.