*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Greece - Central Greece (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Greece chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
Delphi – Ancient Greece’s centre – is among Greece’s most visited places for its archaeolog-ical site, ancient footpaths and vistas of the Corinthian Gulf. Delphi is rivalled in popularity only by Meteora, breathtaking outcrops of rocky towers topped by teetering monasteries.
- wander along the kalderimia (mule paths) to the sea on the Pelion Peninsula
- feast on fresh trout from mountain streams near Karpenisi
- try a tsipouro (spirit similar to raki) or three with the locals in Volos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Delphi & Around, Galaxidi, Nafpaktos, Messolongi, Karpenisi, Lamia, Iti National Park, Meteora & Thessaly, Larissa, Volos & Around, Pelion Penin-sula, Trikala, Meteora, Kalambaka, Kastraki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.