Greece - Athens & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Athens & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Greece guidebook.
With equal measures of grunge and grace, Athens is a heady mix of ancient history and contemporary cool. The magnificent Acropolis, visible from almost every part of the city, reminds Greeks daily of their heritage and the city’s many transformations.
- visit the awe-inspiring Acropolis
- enjoy the majesty of the Parthenon sculptures at the Acropolis Museum
- stroll in the Ancient Agora
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Athens & Around, Athens Ports, Piraeus, Rafina, Lav-rio, Apollo Coast, Cape Sounion, Mt Parnitha, Marathon & Around, Vravrona, Peania, Elefsina
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.