Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Understand Great Smoky Mountains National Parks and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Today, History, Wildlife, Peo-ple of the Smoky Mountains, Forests of the Smoky Mountains, Clothing & Equipment, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Health & Safety chapters from Lonely Planet’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, wildlife and people to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids.
- a rundown on the hot issues affecting the park today
- info on the fascinating history of the Great Smoky Mountains
- full coverage of the Cherokee’s thousand-year roots to the region
- details on the old-growth forests of the Smoky Mountains
Coverage includes: Great Smoky Mountains National Park Today, Histo-ry, Wildlife, People of the Smoky Mountains, Forests of the Smoky Mountains, Clothing & Equip-ment, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Health & Safety.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.