Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park’s Top 10, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Outdoor Activities, and Travel with Children chapters from Lonely Planet’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park guidebook.
Your journey to Great Smoky Mountains National Park starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on travel with chil-dren.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about outdoor activities
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Great Smoky Mountains National Park’s Top 10, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like: Hiking, Scenic Views, Outdoor Adventures, History, Month by Month, Itineraries, Outdoor Activities, and Travel with Children.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation