Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Great Smoky Mountains National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Great Smoky Mountains National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park guidebook.
Imagine watching the sky go from ink-black to periwinkle-blue as pink dawn clouds ripple across the endless, wrinkled chain of peaks stretching towards the horizon. It’s like nowhere else on Earth.
- kayak in Fontana Lake, or hop on the Appalachian Trail at Fontana Dam
- watch wildlife and hike past old-growth forest n the Cataloochee Valley
- take a scenic drive past tumbling waterfalls and historic cabins on the Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Day Hikes, Additional Hikes, Overnight Hikes, Sights & Activities, Courses, Sleeping, Eating.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.