Great Smoky Mountains National Park - East Tennessee (PDF Chapter)
This is the East Tennessee chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Smoky Mountains Na-tional Park guidebook.
Dolly Parton, East Tennessee’s most famous native, loves her home region so much she has made a successful career singing about girls who leave the honeysuckle-scented embrace of the Smoky Mountains for the false glitter of the city. They’re always sorry.
- explore 50 miles of hiking and mountain-biking trails near downtown Knoxville
- dig into a picnic lunch at the base of towering Benton Falls
- paddle through wild rapids on gorgeous waterways in Cherokee National Forest
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Chattanooga, Cherokee National Forest.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.