Great Smoky Mountains National Park - Atlanta & North Georgia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Atlanta & North Georgia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park guidebook.
The largest state east of the Mississippi River is a labyrinth of geographic and cultural ex-tremes: right-leaning Republican politics in the countryside rubs against liberal idealism in Atlanta, and small, conservative towns merge with sprawling, progressive, financially flush cities.
- enjoy fantastic scenery, plunging waterfalls and outdoor adventure at Amicalola Falls State Park
- visit a gaggle of world-class attractions surrounding Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park
- Hike North Georgia’s stunning waterfall-blessed river canyon in Tallulah Gorge State Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Atlanta, Athens, Dahlonega, Amicalola Falls State Park, Blue Ridge, Helen, Clayton, Tallulah Gorge State Park, Toccoa.
You are viewing a National Parks guideWhat is a National Parks guide?
Whether you’re a keen hiker or a beginner, passionate about exploring national parks or perhaps visiting your first, these series will help you explore some of the world’s most spectacular areas of natural beauty.
- Over 65 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Detailed information and guidance on a wealth of hikes and treks
- Comprehensive planning tools and National Park driving tours
- National Park activity guide, from canoeing and fishing to mountain biking
- Special features on National Park history, geology, wildlife and conservation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.