Great Britain's Best Trips - Southern & Eastern England (PDF Chapter)
After revelling in the capital’s world-class sights, it’s time to take to the road. Within an hour or two you’re cruising down country lanes en route to fairy-tale castles and some of England’s loveliest historic homes.
- join holidaymakers and hedonists as you tour chalk cliffs and green downs
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- visit hip resorts and foodie pit-stops galore on a Garden of England tour
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- delight in fantastic seafood, bird-packed reserves, quaint creeks and wide, wide views
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Dover, Folkestone, Rye, Battle, Hastings, South Downs National Park, Eastbourne, Beachy Head, Seven Sisters, Brighton, Arundel, Chichester, Margate, Reculver, Herne Bay, Canterbury, Whitstable, Seasalter, Faversham, Chatham, Windsor, Heley-on-Thames, Stowe House & Gardens, Warner Bros Studio Tour: the Making of Harry Potter, Oxford, Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Lavenham, Long Melford, Ketwell Hall, Sudbury, Flatford, Bury St Edmonds, Ely, Cambridge, Grantchester, Imperial War Museum, Audley End, Saffron Walden, Aldeburgh, Southwold, Norwich, Sutton Hoo, Wroxham, Cromer, Cley Marshes, Cley-next-the-Sea, Blakeney, Wells Beach, The Norfolk Broads, Wells-next-the-Sea, Holkham Hall, Holkham National Nature Reserve, Titchwell Marsh, Sandringham, King’s Lynn and Cambridge Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.