Great Britain's Best Trips - Scotland (PDF Chapter)
To drive here is to head deep into a captivating landscape fringed by vistas that stir the soul. A sense of something special is everywhere; from the pubs alive with live music, to spectacular shores and the crisp, clear air.
- explore roads that swerve between majestic mountains and where the Royals come to relax
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- drive shorelines that take in castles, golf links, medieval towns and golden sands
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- discover ruined abbeys and Knights Templar links amid a landscape of undulating hills
- discover even more with discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Roslin, Peebles, Traquair House, Abbotsford, Melrose, Dryburgh Abbey, Jedburgh, Kelso, Stirling, National Wallace Monument, Culross, Dunfermline, Elie & Earlsferry, Anstruther, Crail, St Andrews, Aberfoyle, Loch Katrine, Callander, Killin, Tarbet, Inveraray, Isle of Bute, Isle of Seil, Lochawe, Oban, Kilmartin Glen, Loch Lomond, Mull of Kintyre, Tarbert, Skipness, Campbeltown, Portree, Trotternish Peninsula, Dunvegan Castle, Elgol, Cuillin Hills, Plockton, Applecross, Torridon, Gairloch, Falls of Measach, Ullapool, Assynt, Lochinver, Coigach, Kylesku & Around, Scourie & Handa Island, Cape Wrath, Durness, Braemar, Balmoral Castle, Ballater, Tomintoul, Cairngorm Mountain, Loch Garten, Aviemore, Highland Wildlife Park, Highland Folk Museum, Blair Atholl, Aberfeldy, Glen Lyon, Glen Coe, Kinlochleven, Fort William, Clen Nevis, Fort Augustus, Urquhart Castle, Drumnadrochit, Glen Affric, Beauly, Invernes, Elgin, Macallan Distillery, Knockando Mill, Aberlour, Craigellachie, Glenfiddich Distillery, Dufftown, Glasgow, Brodick, Arran, Islay, Oban, Southern Mull, Iona, Northern Mull & Tobermory and Edinburgh Walking Tour.