*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Great Britain's Best Trips - Lake District & Northern England (PDF Chapter)
Inspiration landscapes deliver inspirational drives and this swathe of northern England has long been a muse to many. Wordsworth, the Brontës and Beatrix Potter all drew on its natural splendour, and every bend in the road still reveals extraordinary views.
- discover literary links a-plenty, England’s highest hill and utterly unforgettable views
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- enjoy a classy spa town and thrilling climbs up England’s most spectacular roads
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- travel an evocative, fort-studded route tracing the length of unique Roman remains
- discover even more with discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Bowness-on-Windermere, Ambleside, Great Langdale, Grasmere, Keswick, Borrowdale & Buttermere, Cockermouth, Whinlatter Forest Park, Wasdale, St Bees Head, Eskdale, Hardknott Pass & Wyrnose Pass, Consiton, Hill Top, Hawkshead, Ullswater, Grizedale Forest, Harrogate, Grassington, Arncliffe, Malham, Skipton, Ingleton, Hawes, Tan Hill Inn, Richmond, York, Castle Howard, Helmsley, Rievaulx Abbey, Danby, Goathland, Whitby, Robin Hood’s Bay, Scarborough, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Segedunum, Corbridge, Hexham, Chesters Roman Fort & Museum, Housesteads Roman Fort & Museum, Vindolanda, Roman Army Museum, Birdoswald Roman Fort, Carlisle, Newcastle, Angel of the North, Tynemouth, Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, Amble, Warkworth, Alnwick, Chillingham Castle, Craster, Low Newton-by-the-Sea, Bamburgh, Farne Islands, Holy Island (Lindisfarne), Berwick-upon-Tweed and York Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.