Great Britain's Best Trips - Central England (PDF Chapter)
History lies at every turn: the sites of battles that dethroned monarchs; the castles that helped keep kings on the throne; some of England’s finest stately homes; the industrial heritage that forged a nation.
- discover the essential England: impossibly pretty villages and the birthplace of the Bard
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- explore history-rich mines, factories and mills; this is where modern England was made
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- experience brooding moors, rocky hills and adrenaline sports – an adventure-packed drive
- discover even more with discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Bath, Tetbury, Painswick, Cirencester, Bibury, Gloucester & Cheltenham, Northleach, Burford, The Slaughters, Stow-on-the-Wold, The Cotswold Way, Chipping Campden, Broadway Tower, Broadway, Winchcombe, Stratford-upon-Avon, Manchester, Stoke-on-Trent, Ironbridge Gorge, Cosford Royal Airforce Museum, Attingham Park, Shrewsbury, Snailbeach, Hereford, Westons Cider Mills, Great Malvern, Derby, Kedleston Hall, Ashbourne, Bakewell, Haddon Hall, Caudwell’s Mill, Cromford Mill, Matlock Bath, Chatsworth House, Chesterfield, Eyam, Derwent Reservoirs, Edale, Castleton, Tideswell, Poole’s Cavern, Buxton, Nottingham, Leicester, Charlecote Park, Bosworth Battlefield, Warwick, Sulgrave Manor, Althorp House, Burghley House, Woolsthorpe Manor, Lincoln and Stratford-upon-Avon Walking Tour.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.