Great Britain - Understand Great Britain and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Great Britain Today, History, The British Table, Architecture in Brit-ain, The Arts, The British Landscape, Sporting Britain, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Glossary-chapters from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy glossary.
- a rundown on Britain’s wondrous landscapes, from rolling hills to wild mountains
- info on arts and architecture, from Shakespeare to the Sex Pistols and from stone circles to the Shard
- full coverage of the 5000 years of history that are packed into this pint-sized island
- details on Britain today, and the hot topics being discussed over a pint at the pub
Coverage includes: Great Britain Today, History, The British Table, Ar-chitecture in Britain, The Arts, The British Landscape, Sporting Britain, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Glossary.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation