Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Great Britain - Understand Great Britain and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
All the info you need on everything from history, the landscape, the arts and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And learn the local lingo with a handy glossary.
- a rundown on where to see the football, cricket, tennis and the country’s other top sporting events
- info on Britain’s architecture, from ancient stone circles and crumbling castles to gorgeous Georgian creations
- full coverage of Britain’s colourful history of kings and queens, Empire and inventors
- details on the arts, from Shakespeare and Turner to the Beatles and James Bond
Coverage includes: Great Britain Today, History, The British Table, Architecture in Britain, The Arts, The British Landscape, Sporting Britain, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Glossary.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.