Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Great Britain - The Lake District & Cumbria (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the The Lake District & Cumbria chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
‘No part of the country is more distinguished by its sublimity’, mused the grand old bard of the lakes, William Wordsworth, and a couple of centuries on his words still ring true. In terms of natural splendour, nowhere in England can compare to the Lake District.
- climb to the summit of Scafell Pike, England’s highest mountain
- spot the inspirations for Beatrix Potter’s tales at Hill Top
- cruise Coniston Water in stately 19th-century style on the Steam Yacht Gondola
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Lake District, Windermere & Around, Troutbeck, Ambleside, Grasmere, Hawkshead, Coniston, Elterwater & Great Langdale, Eskdale, Wasdale, Cockermouth, Keswick, Borrowdale, Buttermere, Ullswater & Around, Kendal, Cumbrian Coast, Northern & Eastern Cumbria, Carlisle, Penrith, Cartmel and Elterwater & Great Langdale.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.