Great Britain - Stirling & Central Scotland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Stirling & Central Scotland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
The country’s historic roots are deeply embedded in central Scotland. Key battles around Stir-ling shaped the nation’s fortunes; significant castles from the region’s history pepper the land-scape; and Perth, the former capital, is where kings were crowned on the Stone of Destiny.
- admire the views across ancient independence battlefields from magnificent Stirling Cas-tle
- pace through the historic birthplace of golf to play at St Andrews’ famous Old Course
- strut with the peacocks at elegant Scone Palace, near where Scottish kings were once crowned
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Stirling Region, Stirling, Fife, St Andrews, East Neuk, Dunfermline, Culross, Dundee, Arbroath, Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen, Moray, Elgin, Dufftown & Aberlour, Loch Lomond, The Trossachs, Argyllshire, Oban, Mull, Iona, Inveraray, Kilmartin Glen, Kintyre, Islay, Jura, Arran, Brodick & Around, Lochranza, South Coast, Lamlash.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.