Great Britain - Oxford & the Cotswolds (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oxford & the Cotswolds chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
Sprinkled with gorgeous villages and medieval towns, the part of England that stretches westwards from London to Wales comes as close to an old-world idyll as you’ll ever find. It’s a haven of green-cloaked hills, rose-clad cottages, graceful churches and thatched roofs.
- follow in the inspirational footsteps of literary greats as you explore Oxford’s magical col-leges
- stroll through perfect gold-tinged Cotswolds villages
- catch a glimpse of how royalty relaxes at Windsor, the Queen’s weekend hideaway
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Oxford, Around Oxford, Woodstock, The Cotswolds, Cirencester, Bibury, Burford, Northleach, The Slaughters, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton, Chipping Campden, Broadway, Moreton-in-Marsh, Painswick, Winchcombe, Western Glouces-tershire, Cheltenham, Forest of Dean, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire, St Al-bans, Stowe, Woburn, The Thames Valley, Windsor & Eton, Bray.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.