*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Great Britain - Oxford & The Cotswolds (PDF Chapter)
This is the Oxford, Cotswolds & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
Sprinkled with gorgeous little villages, this part of the country is as close to the old-world English idyll as you’ll get. It’s a haven of rolling green-cloaked hills, rose-clad cottages, graceful stone churches and thatched roofs.
- follow in the footsteps of JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis and Oscar Wilde as you explore magical colleges of Oxford
- wander between perfect gold-tinged Cotswolds villages, such as Chipping Campden
- catch a glimpse of regal life at the Queen’s weekend hideaway in Windsor
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Oxford & Around, Woodstock, Vale of the White Horse, The Cotswolds, Cirencester, Bibury, Burford, Minster Lovell, Northleach, The Slaughters, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton, Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden, Broadway, Winchcombe, Painswick, Uley, Western Gloucestershire, Cheltenham, Forest of Dean, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire, Woburn, Waddesdon, St Albans, The Thames Valley, Windsor & Eton, Bray and Henley-on-Thames.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.