Great Britain - Manchester, Liverpool & Northwest England (PDF Chapter)
This is the Manchester, Liverpool & Northwest England chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
Two cities brimming with history, a Tudor delight, an island that marches to the beat of its own drum and some of the most pleasant countryside in Britain…welcome to the northwest of Eng-land.
- be overwhelmed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott’s awesome neo-Gothic masterpiece, Liverpool Cathedral
- visit the Liverpool houses where John and Paul grew up – and wrote their earliest hits
- explore Chester’s Tudor-era shopping district, the Rows
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Manchester, Chester, Liverpool, Lancashire, Black-pool, Lancaster, Ribble Valley, Isle of Man, Douglas, Northern Isle of Man, Southern Isle of Man.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation