Great Britain - Inverness & the Highlands & Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Inverness & the Highlands & Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Brit-ain guidebook.
Scotland’s vast and melancholy soul is here, in an epic landscape whose stark beauty im-prints the hearts of those who journey through it. Mist, peat, rock, heather…and long, sun-blessed summer evenings that compensate for the occasional days of horizontal rain.
- road-trip through quintessential Scottish scenery on the North Coast 500
- admire the most beautiful beaches in the Western Isles on Harris
- hike over the top of Skye for the stunning skyscape of the Cuillin Hills
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Inverness & Around, Loch Ness, The Cairngorms, Aviemore & Around, Kingussie & Newtonmore, Royal Deeside, Highland Perthshire, Dunkeld & Birnam, Pitlochry, Blair Castle, Lochs Tummel & Rannoch, Loch Tay, West Highlands, Glen Coe, Fort William & Around, Road to the Isles, Caithness, Wick, John O’Groats, Mey, Dunnet Head, Thurso & Scrabster, North & West Coast, Durness & Around, Ullapool & Around, Kyle of Loch-alsh & Around, Skye, Armadale, Broadford (An T-Ath Leathann), Cuillin Hills, Portree (Port Righ), Dunvegan (Dun Bheagain), Trotternish, Outer Hebrides, Lewis (Leodhais), Harris (Na Hearadh), North Uist (Uibhist A Tuath) & Berneray (Bearnaraigh), South Uist (Uibhist A Deas), Barra (Bar-raigh), Orkney, Kirkwall, East Mainland, South Ronaldsay, West & North Mainland, Stromness, Hoy, Northern Islands, Shetland, Lerwick, Sumburgh, The North Isles.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.