Great Britain - Glasgow & Southern Scotland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Glasgow & Southern Scotland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Brit-ain guidebook.
The main draw of Southern Scotland is undoubtedly Glasgow, a sassy and welcoming me-tropolis with an infectious spirit and an excellent range of museums, restaurants and pubs. It demands several days of your time.
- revel in the Glasgow’s museums, restaurants, pubs and music venues
- explore the Border Abbeys’ noble, evocative ruins – Dryburgh is our favourite – and the area’s other historic sights
- admire the 18th-century architectural genius of Culzean Castle, perched on wild sea cliffs
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Glasgow, Borders Region, Peebles, Melrose, Jed-burgh, Kelso, Dumfries & Galloway, Dumfries, South of Dumfries, Kirkcudbright, Galloway Forest Park, Stranraer, Rhinns of Galloway.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.