Great Britain - Glasgow & Southern Scotland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Glasgow & Southern Scotland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
Marvellous Glasgow is Scotland’s biggest city and a fascinatingly vital place that leaves you wanting more. The ruins of Borders castles make wonderfully atmospheric historic sites. In the west, hills cascade down to sandy coasts blessed with Scotland’s sunniest weather.
- explore Glasgow’s wealth of paintings, beginning at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Muse-um
- explore the noble, evocative ruins of the Border abbeys and the area’s other historic sights
- admire the 18th-century architectural genius of Culzean Castle, perched on wild sea cliffs
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Glasgow, Lanark & New Lanark, Borders Region, Peebles, Melrose, Around Melrose, Jedburgh, Kelso, Ayrshire, Ayr, Alloway, Culzean Castle, Dumfries & Galloway, Dumfries, South of Dumfries, Kirkcudbright, Galloway Forest Park, The Machars, Stranraer, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.