Great Britain - Cardiff, Pembrokeshire & South Wales (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cardiff, Pembrokeshire & South Wales chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Britain guidebook.
Stretching from historic border town Chepstow through to the jagged Pembrokeshire Coast in the west, South Wales really packs in the sights. The nation’s capital, Cardiff, flies the flag for big-city sophistication in the land of the red dragon.
- marvel at the Victorian extravagances grafted onto Cardiff Castle
- explore St Davids, the little city with the spectacular cathedral and surf beach
- trace a collision of rock and sea along the county’s coast on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cardiff, Monmouthshire (Sir Fynwy), Chepstow (Cas-gwent), Lower Wye Valley, Abergavenny (Y Fenni), South Wales Valleys, Blaenavon (Blaenafon), Swansea Bay & the Gower, Swansea (Abertawe), The Mumbles (Y Mwmbwls), Gower Peninsula (Y Gwyr), Carmarthenshire (Sir Gaerfyddin), Llanarthne, Llandeilo, Pembroke-shire, Saundersfoot, Tenby (Dinbych Y Pysgod), Narberth (Arberth), St Davids (Tyddewi), Porthgain & Around, Fishguard (Abergwaun), Newport (Trefdraeth.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation