Great Britain - Brecon Beacons & Mid-Wales (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brecon Beacons & Mid-Wales chapter from Lonely Planet’s Great Brit-ain guidebook.
The big draw here is the magnificent upland scenery of Brecon Beacons National Park, where high mountain roads dip down to remote hamlets and whitewashed ancient churches. The hiking and mountain-biking terrain here is superb.
- kayak with dolphins and seals along rugged Cardigan Bay
- take a hair-raising drive through the chapel-dotted Vale of Ewyas in the Black Moun-tains
- visit Hay-on-Wye, the Welsh town that’s besotted with books
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Brecon Beacons National Park, Hay-on-Wye (Y Gelli Gandryll), Black Mountains (Y Mynyddoedd Duon), Crickhowell (Crughywel), Brecon (Aberhon-ddu), Fforest Fawr & Black Mountain, Powys, Llanwrtyd Wells (Llanwrtyd), Builth Wells (Llan-fair-Ym-Muallt), Rhayader (Rhaeadr Gwy), Montgomery, Welshpool (Y Trallwng), Machynlleth, Ceredigion, Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, Cardigan (Aberteifi).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.